Friday, August 21, 2009

Let Me Take Care of This...

When Rob and I picked my Airstream up in Cape Cod in February of 2007, one of the first things I noticed when I walked inside was this piece of plywood up where the Astrodome should be. Funny how over time my eye has stopped noticing it. Well, I was in the trailer doing some work the other day, and a drop of rain landed on me. I looked up and saw the wood, and decided it was time to do something about it.
It doesn't stick out as bad from the outside. Must be something to do woth the fact that it is a good 3 feet above eye level.
I don't have an Astrodome, but I do have a sheet of aluminum. I measured the opening, but the sheet to fit, and drilled it for rivets. I tried to do as much work in the shop as opposed to trying to do the entire job while standing on the roof of my trailer.
It doesn't look as good as when I will have an Astrodome installed, but it looks 100% better than it did.

1 comment:

the byamcaravanner said...

John,

Good job with those radiused corners on that aluminum blank. I can tell you appreciate the fine details.