Saturday, January 26, 2008

I need to go vintage...









"I need to go Vintage". That was my thought back a few months ago when I started to feel the itch again; the aluminum itch. So I started searching eBay, the Airstreamforums.com classifieds, and every other classified site and vintage trailer dealer I could find. Finally, I found what I was looking for. It was a 1961 Airstream Ambassador 28 foot travel trailer. To be honest, at this point in my life I do not need another project. There are many other things I should probably be directing my time, energy, and money towards right now. Thank God I had my friends Rob and Frank to push me over the edge and back into Airstream ownership. And thank God for my lovely and understanding wife Laurie, who had initially suggested that I not buy an Airstream right now. Of course I listened to her an intended to respect her wishes, but somehow one night in January I managed to hit the "Buy It Now" button on an eBay auction. That night I approached Laurie, hat in hand and feeling low, and told her what I had done. As I watched the smile spread across her face, I knew that I had made the right choice in hitting that button as well as in chosing my life partner.

No comments: