Wednesday, January 30, 2008

And There Was Light.

I finally got around to plugging in the trailer to see what kind of shape the electrics are in. Well, so sparks, no smell of burning wires or whiffs of ozone. All of the lights lit up like they are supposed to. That's good. Next step will be to hook up a battery and check the 12 volt circuit. The previous owner lost the keys to the trailer so I can't open the access hatch to where the power cord is stored. That's ok, just run the cord out the window.

Anybody know where I can find a porch light? I heard there's a guy on eBay selling them.
I started cleaning up some of the woodwork to see what it would look like without all the dirt. An application of cotton cleanser followed by some wood feeder with bees wax really brought out the shine. The original (?) hardware cleaned up nicely with 0000 steel wool, but is a little bit pitted. If I can determine that this hardware is actually original to the trailer I'll keep it, otherwise it will be replaced with new.
Next I hope to pull the carpet and inspect the entire floor from above. I have signed up for the East Coast Vintage Rally being put on by the VAC in June. My goal is to be ready to roll for that. I have to get this thing cleaned up first so laurie will want to go.

1 comment:

Frank Yensan said...

I too am looking for one of those porch lights. They are very hard to find and fetch a high price on ebay. Hopefully some will come up for auction soon.