Thursday, February 14, 2008

Not to worry, Frank.

I heard from a good friend that Frank was worried that I had lost my fire since I haven't posted on my blog in a while. The fire is there, not to worry. However, the thermometer has been in the single digits for much of the past 2 weeks, making getting out and working on the trailer very uncomfortable. This is supposed to be fun, and working in the freezing cold is not fun for me.
Somehow my door locked itself, so I enlisted the help of my 9 year old son, Jake, to crawl in through a hatch and save the day. Good thing I got rid of the big mouse nest that he would have had to crawl through to get into the trailer!
Even though it has been cold, I have been busy working on the trailer little by little in my heated shop. Here is a stack of drawers from the kitchen area, all cleaned up and ready to go back in (once the area that they go back into is ready).
Screwdriver, meet Airstream. Airstream, this is Screwdriver.
Progress. I can tell already that this will take much longer than I had anticipated, but that's ok. The process is fun. I have heard many people comment on how much they learned during the process of rebuilding their own Airstream, and I look forward to enjoying the same type of education.

2 comments:

Frank Yensan said...

Great job John.... I know it is hard to work through the cold. Please do not stick you tongue against the skin of the trailer. Be sure to label everything with a sharpie and put all the small stuff in baggies with notes as to where they go... keep up the good work.

the byamcaravanner said...

Hi John,

Frank lives in the "Deep South" and does not understand what we northerners must endure each winter...LOL!

Now that you have shown your kids the secret entrance, be careful about assuming that a locked door equals secure privacy. ;-)

I love the pink sink and it seems... so does the screwdriver.

I'm glad you are having fun and learning a lot...me too!

Steve