Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I Am Floored

After some sweating, swearing, and swinging a mallet I have the floor laying inside my trailer. The barbell weights are holding down some warping until I my elevator bolts come in from Vintage Trailer Supply. Once I get it fastened to the frame, I can install the C-channel that Frank bent up for me. Then I'll be making and installing new banana wraps. Once I have those I can get riveting and have this thing road worthy again. I may be sleeping on a cot, heating with a kerosene heater, and peeing in a port-a-pottie, but I will be at Rob's installation rally with my trailer.

5 comments:

utee94 said...

Great work John, this is such a huge step! I bet it feels great to finally be putting things back together rather than tearing them apart. And you're ALMOST to the fun stuff!

-Marcus

Frank Yensan said...

Next time Rob passes through I will hand off my real rivet gun and the real rivets. Your boys will love being the bucker. It is looking EXCELLENT, be proud of yourself.

John Kwasnik said...

Frank, thank you so much for the offer. I would be proud to put my trailer together using the same tools that you used on Anna.

John Kwasnik said...

marcus, it has ALL been fun! It just now that I'm getting to the expensive part...

Frank Yensan said...

the riveter is heading north to you as I type this. In the box you will find three different sizes of solid rivets. Have fun and let us know how it goes. You have until October 3...