Sunday, August 3, 2008

Picking Up Steam

Rob Baker came to visit me at work yesterday. It was really nice to see him, and I appreciate that he took the time to stop in. Rob has been one of my best friends since kindergarten, and it's always nice to catch up with him face to face rather that through a computer screen. We talked Airstreams a little bit, and I got all excited to work on my project when I got out at 6:00pm. What a beautiful evening it was! I had installed the rear most piece of flooring last week, but then I learned that I have to install the front pieces first and work back. So out came the rear piece, and in I slid the piece between the wheel wells. I stalled here, as somehow I ended up with the wrong thickness of plywood for the middle piece. Yeah, I cut it and waterproofed it before I discovered that it was wrong. Since I didn't have the right thickness plywood laying around the shop, and it was too nice a night to drive 25 minutes to Lowes, I was done for the night. Frustrating.
Rob told me that he has a water decal for Long Lake. Well, my father-in-law Roger (Ramjet) has plenty of space for you to courtesy park! Lake Eaton Campground is also in Long Lake, right across the lake from our cottage. Let's make plans. You can even bring that long haired hippy friend of ours with you.

1 comment:

Frank Yensan said...

things are so exciting that you need a hippie to come calm things down? Or is it that you need a hippie to come make it more hip? Shouldn't you be putting that new floor in instead of busting bad on the hippies. For what it is worth, put the forward piece in, then the back piece... you will never get it between the wheel wells and the in between the rear section... common, John... we are waiting on you so we can go camping. Time to call in sick a little.