Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Two Steps Forward, One Step Back

Here I am getting at the frame to make the rear horns level to the rest of the main frame rail.
Yeah, I have some work to do here. I took a Sawzall and cut up about 2/3rds of the way, just forward of the weld. Then I raised the rear with a jack, one side at a time, until it was level with the rest of the frame.
Once it was level, I put the heat to it. Crappy picture, but it came out better than I thought it would. The welds ain't pretty, but they're solid.

2 comments:

utee94 said...

Good work, can't wait to see you "get floored" a second time! :)

-Marcus

Frank Yensan said...

Personally three times is usually the charm for me. Now get the tanks and weld for them. Them re POR15 and you are back to where you let your guard down. keep going John, you are making us all proud.