Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Getting Materials

I took a trip to Lowes today to get plywood for the floor. I went with 19/32" flooring, which acording to my caliper is the same thickness as the original. I was going to use marine plywood, but after striking out with all of my local suppliers and cabinet makers, and discovering that if I ordered it shipping would cost almost twice the price of the plywood, I went with regular old plywood. I also bought a gallon of Olympic waterproof for wood to protect it. That's my 1973 Land Rover that I used to get it home, and the reason I have the name RoverOwner on Airforums. 2 sheets of plywood, 13 bags of mulch, 4 kids, 1 dog, 1 wife, a bag of garbage that I forgot to drop in the dumpster at work, and me all fit in there. Gotta love everything vintage, when having a utility vehicle meant utility and not fashion.
Yeah, about that mulch that I mentioned above. I didn't get to do any actual work on the trailer when we got home as laurie had other plans for me...

1 comment:

Frank Yensan said...

it is a "utility vehicle", but you drive it because you look VERY COOL in it... and the chicks dig it too.