Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Watching the kids...

Laurie worked today, so I got to spend the whole day with my kids. When my daughter went down for a nap, the boys and I went out behind the shop to do some final work on the frame. About 5 minutes into it, the welder quit. Out of wire. Great.
So, I made the most of it and went and laid down with my daughter and took a nap. When she woke up, we all took a ride to the hardwear store for a spool of wire. I know i should have bought two, but they last so long...
Here's what I was cleaning up. The frame had some pretty thin spots. I noticed them when I was painting the frame, but ignored them. I wouldn't be able to put wood over it, though, so I had to fix it. I drilled holes through the thicker metal, then spot welded good metal across the weak.
Yeah, I saw this when I was painting the frame. I chose to ignore it. It chose to keep me awake at night thinking about it.
"Hey Dad, can I put water on it and watch it steam?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

John, sure wish I had a pasel of kids to press into service. It is like pulling teeth just to get the oldest to carry her clothes out and put them in her drawers. I am proud of you, letting your councous make you go back and do it right. In reading a previous post you said your trailer was going to be purely utilitarian. Does that mean the woodwork is going to be the same? Frank's Trailer Works does more of the celeberty type high fashion trailers. You might need to contact Bounder or a company like that for kick it around beat it up cabinets. Just joking, Frank's Trailer Works is a service oriented company that meets and then exceeds it's clients expectations. What ever you need John. frank