Thursday, July 17, 2008

Shop Time


I was able to get out to the shop last night. I used the old, rear most piece of flooring as a template and traced the shape onto a sheet of new 19/32" plywood. The piece of painted wood holding the two halves together came in very handy when lining everything up. Then I screwed the whole deal to the new plywood so it wouldn't move around, got out my pencil and traced it. I used the good edge to make a cardboard template for the rotted edge, then I just flipped it and used the mirror image to trace my line.

Now to to hardware store to get some paint brushes so I can apply the Olympic water sealer. I always need to buy new paintbrushes. That will happen when you have 3 boys who like to do "projects", but don't like cleaning brushes. That's why I use the $0.79 ones from True Value.

4 comments:

Frank Yensan said...

you can get the really cheap ones at Harbor Freight. you do not have to clean them because all the bristles just fall out as you use it.

Frank Yensan said...

Are you done? You get that a lot too, but this time it is in reference to the floor.

John Kwasnik said...

Still working on waterproofing. I want to get 3 or 4 coats, with drying time between each coat. Both sides. And the edges. Time, brother. That's all it takes. I'll be getting that floor in by the weekend, then I'll have another update.

John Kwasnik said...

Rob,
I'm going to put the gray tank in after the floor. I've designed a way to install and hold it from below, and it'll be easy to get out to replace if i ever need to. The floor "taco'd" pretty good while I was applying the waterproofing, so I'vr got some weight on it trying to flatten it back out. I'm sure I can install it as is and everything will be OK when it's bolted in, if it doesn't flatten. I also found some thin spots on the frame when I was cleaing out the bolt holes that I want to weld some steel to before I put the floor on. I was going to ignore it, but since I'll probably never have the rear floor out again, i could not sleep at night knowing that I just let it go. It'll add some time, but I'll be sleeping in it at the installation rally, GAURANTEE'D!