Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A different kind of first cut.

Cutting and getting the plywood out was really much more easy than I had anticipated. Once I had the cut made with the circular saw, I pulled up one side, lifted it out, then lifted the 2nd side out.
The rear section of plywood was a little bit more challenging, but still not bad. There was one elevator bolt that I had missed, and a few screws still in the c-channel that I had to undo, but once they were out the wood came right out as nice as you please. The rear streetside section of wood was pretty far gone, but I think I should be able to use it for a template without problem.
I was left with a pretty good mess to clean up before I get to work on the frame. I still have to detach what was left of the banana wraps, take out the old ducting, and clean all the dirt and debris out so I have a comfortable working environment. Oh yeah, I also have another piece of plywood to get out; the one that goes up between the wheel wells. I'm taking that out so I can refurbish the frame up there and also so I can fit a nice grey water tank. There was no time to do anymore tonight, since the kids (and one of their friends) were pretty anxious to get to their little league game. Family first, right?

No comments: