Monday, June 2, 2008

Original Zolatone that was not painted over. Dirty but restorable.

The original Zolatone paint in my trailer was painted over by a previous owner. It seems like they used a latex paint, but I'm not sure. I tried a paint stripper, hoping that it would soften the paint and not affect the Zolatone, but it did not work that well. Actually, as a stripper, it worked very well meaning that the Zolatone came off with the latex in some spots. I next tried a Scotch Brite pad in a drill, and that worked a little bit, but again in some spots the Zolatone came off as well.

Does anybody have a tip that will allow me to restore the original finish? If not, I'll be making an appointment with Don's paintgun at Chevy Ave Restorations.

1 comment:

Frank Yensan said...

here is how to restore the "original" finish... build a time machine and take your trailer back to 1961.... You should be able to match it fairly close, just re shoot it.