Monday, June 30, 2008

D.I.Y.

My rear frame piece has been done for about a week and I've been waiting for my welder to come and attach it. My 110 welder is OK for small jobs, or larger jobs when I can position the piece for easy welding. However, I cannot get it to produce a good weld from below, or even on a vertical face most times. So I contacted a guy I know, worked out a time, and then he did not show up. Twice. I have been pretty bummed out, number one because I had to ask for help which I hate to do, but also because the welding was the "next step". I have other things to do, but until the welding is done I can't finish POR-15'ing the frame, can't get the wood flooring on, etc.

So yesterday, I went out and tack welded everything in place. It's still not really solid, but at least it's out of the shop and on the trailer. Psycologically, this is huge for me. I can move forward.

1 comment:

Frank Yensan said...

you just can't get good help these days, even from a freind...